A new NEM-3 proposal has been released by the California Public Utilities Commission.
- The new CPUC NEM 3 "proposal" includes $30-40/month fee + additional fixed charges per kW on residential and now potentially on commercial/ag projects.
- The fees are HIGHER if you have batteries and would apply to what your customers self-produce and self-consume. Yes – fees for making your own solar power that you use for residential and commercial.
- CPUC still wants to lower the value of solar kWh from the current retail rate minus a few charges to 5 cents per kWh.
- Still on the table: retroactive changes to your existing customers, other taxes, monthly netting, and more.
- Next steps: We MUST come out in force on June 2 and stop this bad proposal in its tracks. The CPUC is inviting feedback. Let's give it to them! Shut down your work, bring your whole team, and meet us in LA or SF to tell the CPUC and the Governor, once and for all, NO SOLAR TAX! RSVP Here. And then spread the word to everyone you know.
Here's the recording of the emergency NEM 3 webinar we had at CALSSA.
California Solar & Storage Association (CALSSA) is organizing two simultaneous events on June 2, one in Los Angeles and one in San Francisco. The events are being held in conjunction with a meeting of the CPUC to create the largest ever submission of live public comments in CPUC history.
Are you interested in making a difference in the world? Watch here. Join the Movement here.